Horst Castle? That’s a true gallant party castle, hidden between the beautiful green hills of the Hageland. It has remained its authentic state since the last aristocratic owners left it. And one sure can tell: unique ceiling plasters, a medieval tower that rises and shines in the castle pond, waiting for you to be discovered. After all, Horst Castle bursts of great stories, so high time for you to find them out. Our audio catalogue is available in Dutch, French, German and English. A must-do for children is the Family Tour: through small assignments they get to know the history of life in Horst in all its facets. The Family Tour is only available in Dutch.
Not only the Castle and its inhabitants, but the frogs and the trees, too, have stories of their own. Around the Castle a beautiful area of woods, ponds, meadows and fields with hollow roads expands. The entire site covers about 113 hectares, which makes it ideal for a long walk. Especially in combination with a Castle visit.
Groups are welcome to Horst Castle as well. Our Horst guides love to take you on a tour through the Castle. Refurbishments or history? The Castle, nature or both? Adults only or visitors of all ages? Whatever it is that you prefer, we can make it happen! Our guides can help you in Dutch, French, German and English.
A discovery journey can be exhausting. Time for a pause in ‘Het Wagenhuis’ in the old coach house for a drink or a delicious meal. You should definitely try the Horst Beer! In the visitor center you will find all the necessary information on hiking and biking tours in the Hageland as well as an authentic regional product or a souvenir. That way you will never forget your visit to Horst.
Opening Hours Horst Castle
- 1st Saturday of April until 30th June: Wednesday 2 pm - 5 pm – Saturday, Sunday and holidays from 10 am until 5 pm
- 1st July until 31st August: Wednesday to Sunday + holidays from 10 am until 5 pm
- 1 st September until 31st October Wednesday 2 pm - 5 pm – Saturday, Sunday and holidays from 10 am until 5 pm
- 1st November until 31st March: closed
- Easter Holiday and Autumn Holidays: Wednesday to Sunday + holidays from 10 am until 5 pm
- Regular price: € 8
- Concession: € 6 - children 6-11 years old, 65+, groups of 10 or more people (no guide), teacher’s card, people with a disability + helper, OMNIO-statute
- Free: children (-6 years old), inhabitants of Holsbeek
The Family Tour and the audio guide are included in the entrance fee.
- Guiding Tours: € 60 + € 6 / participant (from 6 years old)
duration +/- 2h
reservation only, please send a mail to email@example.com
- Fotoshoots : € 50 / € 30 for inhabitants of Holsbeek
- Fashion reports/filming: please contact us first at firstname.lastname@example.org